Mystic Spray Tanning Tips
Prior to arriving at Haute:
- Shower, exfoliate your entire body with an oil-free liquid body scrub, and shave any desired body hair 8-12 hours before you spray tan.
- Skin should be clean and dry before being sprayed. Try not to have any deodorant or makeup on during your session as this may block spraying.
- You must also be careful to avoid razors with an added moisturizing strip before each spray tan.
- Please be sure to wear lip balm, lip-gloss etc., when you come in for your session.
- When exfoliating, pay particular attention to areas on your body that tend to be rough or dry. For most people this is the elbows and knees. Also, make sure to scrub the back of your legs and calves. Skin can build up on the front and back of the neck as well, so scrub well. These areas tend to be uneven if not scrubbed properly.
- All waxing, pedicures, manicures, facials, or massages must be done at least one day before Spray Tanning
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing to your session and while the tan develops. When receiving your spray tan, you can wear a bathing suit or dark underwear if you prefer.
Both Mystic and the Custom Contoured Airbrushing by Organic Bronzing Station come in 3 Shades: Light, Medium or Dark. A person's current skin tone will determine what color will work best for them.
- If you are Fair Skinned, a Light would be the most appropriate selection for you.
- If you are Lightly Tanned; Light or Medium would be a good selection.
- If you are Tanned, select a Medium or Dark.
- If someone is Very Tan, Dark will give you the best results.
If you are debating between colors, we suggest you to do the lighter of the two, this way it will not be excessive. At Haute, we Offer 4 Types of Additives, and 3 different Packets of Moisturizers. Eyewear, nose filters, lip balm and foot sticks are also suggested.
- Wait a minimum of 6 hours and up to 12 hours depending on desired color before showering.
- Avoid sweating and exercise until after you shower.
- If sleeping while your tan is setting, make sure to wear long shorts or pants so that your hands are not touching your body/legs.
- Apply Oil Free body lotion after showering and try to apply as often as possible.
- Do not take long hot baths or showers.
- After showering, make sure to blot your skin dry lightly with your towel, this will help tremendously with extending your tan.
- Chlorine from a pool can cause your tan to fade faster.
- Exfoliate thoroughly before your next session.
- Avoid lotions with mineral oil/petroleum.